- Jessica McClintock Perfume Review - December 2, 2023
- Versace Perfume Guide: The Best Picks For Men And Women - November 30, 2023
- Prada Black Cologne Review: Is This Seductive Scent For You? - November 27, 2023
- How It All Started
- Pink Sugar Berry Blast Aquolina
- Pink Sugar Creamy Sunshine Aquolina
- Tips on Finding the Right Pink Sugar Perfume For You
- Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy
- Prada Prada Candy
- Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb
- Hard Candy by Hard Candy
- Jessica Simpson Fancy
- Britney Spears Fantasy
- Pink Sugar Body Lotion by Aquolina
- Pink Sugar Hair Perfume
- Pink Sugar Body Mousse
- Pink Sugar Aquolina Roller Ball
- Final Thoughts on the Pink Sugar Perfume
The name of this perfume makes me think of a movie! More specifically, “Legally Blonde,” where everything is pink, girly, and represents girl power.
Imagine the following scenario. You are on your way to the mall in your all-matching pink outfit. You stop at the mall, spray your Pink Sugar perfume, and suddenly the wind begins to sing. Nothing can ruin your day, and you feel powerful and unstoppable.
Well, this is precisely how I feel each time I spray my Pink Sugar perfume. Today, I want to share with you a guide to the Pink Sugar perfume so that you can experience your own movie scene after just one spray.
How It All Started
It all started when the Italian cosmetic brand Aquolina released its first fragrance, Pink Sugar. The scent was created by Givaudan and Shyamala Maisondieu, and it was launched in 2004.
The Pink Sugar perfume is for younger women and teenagers who love sweet things. If your daughter loves cotton candy, she will definitely love this perfume. And it is the perfect opportunity to get matching scents. Now you can be a powerful Mommy daughter, Duo!
Words To Describe This Perfume:
- Soft spicy
How Does The Pink Sugar Perfume Smell?
The perfume smells just like you would imagine it to smell, sweet, sugary with some soft spicy, and powdery notes. But let us look at the notes of the Pink Sugar perfume to get a better idea of how it smells.
- Fig leaf
- Lily of the valley
- Red berries
- Cotton candy
- Tonka bean
Pros of the Pink Sugar Perfume:
- It is very long-lasting( you will only need one or two sprays)
- If you love sweet things, you will definitely love this scent
- It is stylish
- It is distinctive
- It is very affordable
Cons of the Pink Sugar Perfume:
- For some, the scent may be too strong and a bit overwhelming
So maybe you want a combination of fruity and floral scents. I got you! The Pink Sugar Berry Blast by Aquolina is a fruity floral paradise. This is one of the newer fragrances of Aquolina and was launched in 2020.
Words to Describe This Perfume:
But How Does The Pink Sugar Berry Blast Smell?
Let me describe it to you. You have just finished your gym session, and you are on your way to getting your favorite protein smoothie. Which one, you might ask?
The Berry Protein smoothie, of course. You remove the lid and immediately get the whiff of those fruity flavors. Let me give you another example. You are at the fair on a hot summer’s day. You get yourself a giant cotton candy. As you walk around, your cotton candy starts to melt in your hands, and it is one sticky mess!
You smell your hands, and it smells like blueberries and raspberries. You know the smell I’m talking about? Good! Now, keep that smell in mind while I go into more detail about the notes of this fragrance.
- Orange and bergamot
- Wild strawberry and cork
- Cotton candy
- Cedar and moss
- Tonka bean
Pros of the Pink Sugar Berry Blast
- It is very strong
- It is long-lasting
- It is affordable
- It’s cute
- It smells very similar to the original( so if you love the original, you will love this one)
Cons of the Pink Sugar Berry Blast
- If you don’t like sweet scents, you are not going to enjoy this fragrance
- It can be a bit overwhelming
The Pink Sugar Creamy Sunshine by Aquolina was also released in 2020. And it has fruity-floral scents.
Words to Describe the Pink Sugar Creamy Sunshine Aquolina
How Does the Pink Sugar Creamy Sunshine Aquolina Smell?
How I can describe this fragrance is a hot summer’s day at the beach; you are lying under your umbrella while sipping on your favorite cold fruity cocktail. Well, the scene that you just pictured is bottled up in the Pink Sugar Creamy Sunshine Perfume.
The fragrance has the following notes:
- Green mandarin and bergamot
- Coconut milk
- Tiare flower
- Sandalwood and moss
- Monoi oil
Pros of the Pink Sugar Creamy Sunshine Aquolina
- If you love sweet vanilla scents, you will love this perfume
- It is long-lasting
- It is sweet
Cons of the Pink Sugar Creamy Sunshine Aquolina
- Some feel that it is a waste of money and says it smells exactly like the original Pink Sugar
- For some, it might be too sweet
Tips on Finding the Right Pink Sugar Perfume For You
Here are some tips to follow when choosing your Pink Sugar perfume:
- Don’t try all of the perfumes at once. First, try out the fragrance on your skin, give it time and see if you like the scent that develops after wearing it for a while. For example, the smell of roses is divine, but it does not work on everybody’s skin. So don’t be afraid to take your time when choosing your Pink Sugar perfume.
- The notes are essential! See what notes you like and search for those notes in other perfumes. This will make the search for your next scent so much easier!
- So you couldn’t find a perfume that you like. Who said you couldn’t layer your fragrances and build your own scent? You can mix your Pink Sugar perfume with another smell that is similar in notes.
- Don’t be a trend follower. Because Vicky and Sarah love a particular perfume does not mean you will. So please don’t make your perfume purchases based on trends.
- Think about the occasion you are buying it for. Is it for a particular date with your boo, your birthday, part of your self-care routine, or maybe a scent that you spray before bedtime? Make sure to ask yourself why you want this perfume.
Okay, so maybe the Pink Sugar collection is not for you, you might like some of the notes, but the overall smell might be too strong for you. And you know what? That is totally okay! But I have some alternative options for this perfume that you might like. So buckle up your seatbelt and get ready for your journey to alternative perfume city.
Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy
This is a delicious floral and fruity fragrance launched in 2007 and has the following notes. Cotton candy, musk and cedarwood, Clementine, bergamot, a blend of orange, fig leaves, brown sugar lily of the valley, strawberry, plum, vanilla, licorice, and caramel.
This scent is perfect for the younger girls who are just starting out to wear perfume.
Prada Prada Candy
This fragrance was launched by Prada in 2011. Daniela( Roche) Andrier is the nose behind this fragrance.
Let us have a look at the notes. The fragrance has top notes of caramel, middle notes of powdery notes, and musk. And Base notes of vanilla and Benzoin.
This is an Amber floral fragrance for women and was launched in 2005. The fragrance was created by Olivier Polge, Carlos Benaim, Domitille Michalon Bertier and Dominique Ropion. The scent has the following notes: Top notes of Osmanthus, bergamot, tea, and middle notes of rose, freesia, Jasmine, African Orange Flower, and Orchid. And base notes of musk, vanilla, and Patchouli.
Hard Candy by Hard Candy
It is a floral and fruity fragrance designed for women launched in 2007. It has top notes of pink pepper, white tea, and rhubarb—middle notes of rose, jasmine, and passionfruit. And lastly, base notes of cashmere and cedar, caramel and vanilla.
Jessica Simpson Fancy
Fancy by Jessica Simpson is an Amber Vanilla fragrance designed for women. After one spray of this divine perfume, you will be singing “I’m so fancy” by Iggy Azalea. The scent was launched in 2008, and the nose behind the fragrance was Alexis Dadier.
The fragrance has the following notes: Top notes of red berries, pear, and apricot—middle notes of jasmine, gardenia, almond, and caramel. And base notes of amber, sandalwood, and vanilla.
Britney Spears Fantasy
Lastly on our list of alternatives is the Britney Spears Fantasy perfume. The fragrance was launched in 2005. It has a fruity and sensual scent with the following notes: Top notes of litchi, kiwi, golden quince—middle notes of white chocolate and jasmine. And lastly, base notes of musk, woods, and orris root.
Do you like the Pink Sugar perfume so much that you want it in literally everything? Haha, same! Well, I have some great news! The Pink Sugar perfume also comes in body lotion, a body mouse, shower gel, hairspray, and even a roll-on. So let me give you a bit more detail on these products because I know you are freaking out just like me!
Pink Sugar Body Lotion by Aquolina
Now you can wear your favorite scent as a body lotion too. This body lotion is for all skin types and makes a perfect gift for a friend or family member’s birthday.
Pink Sugar Hair Perfume
Now your hair can smell just as sweet as you! Keeping your hair in place, while it smells irresistible sounds like an excellent deal to me. What do you think?
Pink Sugar Body Mousse
This body mouse smells delicious and yummy and will make a great addition to your pink sugar collection! It also makes a great pampering gift for friends and family members.
Pink Sugar Aquolina Roller Ball
This Pink Sugar rollerball is perfect for traveling when you don’t have enough space to put a big perfume bottle in. You just put it in your handbag or makeup bag, and off you go.
Final Thoughts on the Pink Sugar Perfume
The Pink Sugar perfume is sweet, long-lasting, and affordable. What more do you want in a scent? It definitely ticks all my boxes when it comes to searching for the right perfume. If the Pink Sugar perfume is a bit too sweet for you, there are always alternative options you can opt for that have similar notes.
Complete your look with one of the Pink Sugar perfumes mentioned above and experience your own version of the “Legally Blonde” movie. And keep the words of Oliver Creed in mind when you are choosing your next perfume: “Ladies, a man will never remember your handbag, but he will remember your perfume.” So what are you waiting for, ladies? Go get yourself the Pink Sugar perfume today and slay!