- Usher Cologne Review: Does It Steer Your Senses? - December 3, 2021
- Florida Water Cologne Review: Does the “Fountain of Youth” Work? - December 3, 2021
- Chrome Cologne Review: Is it Truly Unforgettable? - December 2, 2021
This Chrome Cologne Review is to determine how unforgettable Loris Azzaro’s memories of the beach genuinely are, and I’ll show you how each of the five variants whisks you into a nostalgic wonderland with notes, evolving accords, and an undeniable reason to try them.
I’m about to be straightforward, meaning I’ll also tell you what disappoints me with each cologne. My partner was my guinea pig once again, and he fell in love with Chrome Aqua, reminding me why he loves our beach vacations so much. I get it! I smell the liberation and memories, too.
Loris envisioned bottling memories for men to feel at ease, content, and liberated, and I think he did a fantastic job. However, cologne is as unique as you, meaning you need to choose one with more than the pros and cons. Let’s help you find a Chome cologne that harmonizes your soul.
How to Choose Your Nostalgic Adventure
My partner must experiment with colognes for me to have an accurate opinion. Indeed, I’m a total perfuming snob who spends way too much time smelling fine fragrances, but I need to know how each one evolves on a man’s skin because women don’t have the same PH levels.
Fortunately, he doesn’t mind trying a new cologne every day, and I love him for that! He gets to enjoy my perfume experiments just as much. Anyway, when you comb through my expert review of each cologne in the Chrome collection, you need to consider a few factors from your view:
- How does the cologne smell?
- Who does it suit (age groups and types of men)?
- What advantages and disadvantages come with each fragrance?
- What type of cologne is it, and how long will it last?
- When can I wear it (seasons)?
- Does the memorable feeling resonate with me?
Answer the six questions, and you’ll be able to turn my review of fine details into something more relevant to your needs.
Azzaro Chrome Collection 2022
Azzaro has five colognes in the Chrome collection in 2022, and I’ll break the notes, accords, seasons, types of men, and pros and cons down for each one. Every cologne suits some men and not others, so don’t be fooled if I review them honestly.
Azzaro Chrome EDT
Azzaro Chrome EDT is an aquatic, woody, and citrus fragrance designed to make you think of a time you enjoyed the beach with your dad on a father and son vacation. The citrus accord bubbles before you get woody and aromatic elements, and the fresh spiciness is otherworldly.
It dries down to soft florals intertwined with tropical accents like sweet and fruity notes before becoming a bit powdery. It’s a great fragrance for spring and summer, and it has a moderately strong wake that lasts around six hours.
- Accords: Citrus, woody, aromatic, fresh, fresh spicy, white floral, fruity, sweet, floral, and powdery
- Top Notes: Pineapple, bergamot, neroli, lemon, and rosemary
- Heart Notes: Cyclamen, oakmoss, coriander, and jasmine
- Base Notes: Tonka bean, cardamom, Brazilian rosewood, cedarwood, musk, sandalwood, and oakmoss
- Suitable Generations: Gen Z to Gen X
- It’s an unforgettable cologne that suits confident, stimulating, adventurous, vibrant, and refined men
- The smell is memorable enough to make you believe you’re on a tropical island
- The sweetness doesn’t overpower the woody and citrus notes, and the aromatics bring perfect balance to the cologne
- It’s a pity it doesn’t last longer
- It smells funny on dry skin
- The powdery finale feels a little feminine
Azzaro Chrome Pure
Azzaro Chrome Pure is an aromatic, citrus fragrance intended to invoke the strongest bonds and deepest emotions. The vibrant scent begins with a woody and citrus dance that seems to inspire every memory you hold dear, and the aromatics rise as the aquatic notes hit center stage.
It dries into a sweet yet subtly soft floral heart, where a rare ingredient waits. The oud accord wraps you in a warmer embrace before you enter the fresh spiciness in the finale. It’s a long-lasting EDT with a relatively strong wake, and it works in summer, spring, and sometimes fall.
- Accords: Citrus, woody, aromatic, aquatic, white floral, sweet, vanilla, oud, fresh, and fresh spicy
- Top Notes: Bergamot and Mandarin orange
- Heart Notes: Orange blossom, water notes, and akigalawood (oud)
- Base Notes: Tonka bean, cedarwood, white musk, and mate
- Suitable Generations: Millennials to Gen X
- It’s another unforgettable scent that suits bold, explorative, family-orientated, protective, and handsomely sexy men
- The smell is memorable enough to make you want to hug your loved ones
- The rare and unique oud ingredient elevates the mood of this cologne, deepening the emotional essence
- It doesn’t suit every generation
- It has a robust aromatic rise before the heart notes, which may feel surprising
- The finale is a beautiful spiciness, but you wish it were fresher as the fragrance intends to be more vibrant
Azzaro Chrome Aqua
Azzaro Chrome Aqua is an aquatic, aromatic blend that invokes a sense of adventure, youthfulness, and sportiness. The cologne opens with robust aromatics that feel somewhat natural and refreshing, but it dries into a woody and oceanic blend to make you think of waves.
As the waves crash against the shore, you get an elevated aquatic accord that takes you into a bold and vibrant citrus finale. The cologne has a moderate wake that doesn’t overwhelm your nose, and it lasts about six hours. You can wear it in summer and spring.
- Accords: Aromatic, green, fresh spicy, woody, marine, aquatic, and citrus
- Top Notes: Violet leaf, green apple, and pink grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Mint, sea notes, and basil
- Base Notes: Vetiver and cypress
- Suitable Generations: Gen Z to Millennials
- It’s undoubtedly memorable and suits young, active, romantic, adventurous, and sexy men
- It reminds you how the crashing waves smell against the rocks as pieces of driftwood end up on the beach
- It has beautifully sweet and fruity notes that go almost unnoticed to prevent feminine elements
- I hoped it lasted longer because it smelled heavenly on my Millennial partner
- It only smells good on the youngest generations (especially the ones who can still surf)
- The natural or green accord might momentarily feel like a forest instead of a beach
Azzaro Chrome Extreme
Azzaro Chrome Extreme is a long-lasting EDP from the aromatic citrus family, and it invokes a sense of exploring the deepest parts of the ocean. The accords start evolving in an aromatic tease before you get a burst of refreshing citrus and a marine note that feels deeper than most.
It dries down to a heart, where warm woody and amber notes elevate the spicy and salty tinctures before you move deeper into the powdery and aquatic finale. It has a moderately strong wake that lasts about eight hours, ten if you’re lucky, working in summer, spring, and sometimes fall.
- Accords: Aromatic, citrus, marine, amber, woody, fresh spicy, salty, powdery, musky, and aquatic
- Top Notes: Green Mandarin orange
- Heart Notes: Juniper berries and sea notes
- Base Notes: Cashmere wood and amber wood
- Suitable Generations: Millennials to Gen X
- It’s an EDP, meaning it lasts much longer than the others
- It’s profoundly memorable and suits adventurous, rugged, seductive, ambitious, and unapologetic men
- The smell is impressive enough to make you think you’re diving into the deepest parts of the ocean
- It has the perfect balance between woody and marine notes, making you feel like you’re on a boat in the ocean
- It suits a specific age range, not Gen Z or Baby Boomers
- The citrus accord is potent enough to steal the limelight from the woody and marine balance briefly
- The aromatics might seem overly spicy at first
Azzaro Chrome Under The Pole
Azzaro Chrome Under The Pole is a limited edition aromatic, citrus fragrance that invokes a sense of starting a new chapter and being an oceanic pioneer. It begins with a robust woody and aromatic blend held together with a citrus freshness before dropping into floral and fresh accents.
The heart moves you into a sweet but warm spicy accord before you dive into a slightly feminine powdery effect and white floral finale wrapped in a spicy attitude. It has an intimate wake and lasts about six hours, and you can wear it in summer and spring.
- Accords: Woody, citrus, aromatic, fresh, floral, warm spicy, sweet, powdery, white floral, and fresh spicy
- Top Notes: Calabrian bergamot, neroli, pineapple, rosemary, and lemon
- Heart Notes: Coriander, cyclamen, jasmine, and oakmoss
- Base Notes: Tonka bean, Brazilian rosewood, oakmoss, cedarwood, sandalwood, transparent musk, and cardamom
- Suitable Generations: Millennials to Baby Boomers
- It’s memorable enough and suits innovative, creative, explorative, refined, and determined men
- It smells like you’re on an adventure to find a new place in the middle of an ocean
- It has a beautiful start where the citrus manages to combine the woody and aromatic blends, and it has a long list of unique ingredients for extra depth
- It could last longer, but it’s another EDT
- It’s a limited edition that might be discontinued soon
- The heart and finale of the accords smell confusing to some guys
- The cologne feels more feminine than masculine
I’ll include an alternative for each of the five Chrome colognes available in 2022 because they’re unique with different ingredients. Use the other options to inspire your experience of each Chrome cologne, or you can change your brand if Azzaro isn’t your first choice.
Calvin Klein CK One
CK One is another popular aquatic fragrance, and it matches Chrome EDT. It has a citrus, green start before becoming woody with an aromatic and powdery floral touch, and it ends with a fresh, musky, and floral finale that leaves you wanting more. CK One is a widely popular cologne.
Pro: It’s a confident, vibrant, and refined cologne for modern men
Con: It smells a bit feminine, and it’s a unisex fragrance
Creed Virgin Island Water
Virgin Island Water is a citrus fragrance that matches Chrome Pure closely. It starts with sweet citrus and coconut accords that dry down to lactonic, vanilla, and rum accents before you smell a tropical, spicy, and woody finale. It’s such a pity it becomes challenging to find it.
Pro: It suits a romantic, sexy, and explorative man who isn’t afraid of being confident in the modern world
Con: It’s a pricy alternative for Chrome, it’s another unisex fragrance with feminine qualities, and it’s hard to find in anything but 1.7 oz. bottles now
Mont Blanc Explorer Ultra Blue
Explorer Ultra Blue is an aromatic, citrus fragrance that matches Chrome Aqua. It begins with a solid marine, fragrant, and citrus blend before diving into woody, sweet, fruity, and salty accents, and it ends with soft spicy and aquatic elements. Mont Blanc is the most adventurous brand.
Pro: It has a wild, romantic, and youthful feeling, and it smells like a refreshing journey to island resorts with tropical notes
Con: It might smell too sweet for some men, and the saltiness can be much more notable than Chrome Aqua
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense
Light Blue Eau Intense is a woody, aquatic fragrance that matches Chrome Extreme. It evolves as a potent aromatic, marine, and citrus blend before it dries into a spicy, salty, and robust woody heart, and it ends with amber, aquatic, and musky touches. It’s also a famous but pricy brand.
Pro: It’s a wildly woody fragrance with solid aquatic notes that suits refined, mature, and successful men
Con: The woody foundation is intense, and it might smell a bit traditional
Salvador Dali Laguna Homme
Laguna Homme is a woody, amber fragrance that matches Chrome Under The Pole. It starts with a strong vanilla and citrus accord before woody undertones surface, drying down to a powdery, sweet, and warm amber heart, and it ends with spicy, musky, and balsamic accents.
Pro: It smells as creative as the Chrome cologne and suits men with pioneering mindsets
Con: It has a subtle feminine side, and it smells a little cheeky at the end
Question: Which Chrome Cologne is Trending in 2022?
Question: What Does Chrome EDT Cologne Smell Like?
Answer: Chrome EDT is the original one from the collection, and it smells like a journey through aromatics and citrus notes before hitting the spicy and woody undertones. The heart opens with sweet florals and fresh fruity notes before it ends with a soft floral and powdery drydown.
Question: Who Makes Chrome Cologne?
Answer: Loris Azzaro owns the Azzaro brand responsible for the Chrome collection, and his inspiration comes from a magical place. Loris imagined creating memorable fragrances that invoked bonding, family time, and beach vacations, so the Chrome collection was born.
Chrome Cologne Review: Final Thoughts
I think Azzaro created a fantastic collection, and stay tuned because the brand releases new editions often. The five I shared are what you can get your hands on in 2022, but there have also been sporty and legendary editions, which are no longer easy to find.
My partner loves Chrome Aqua because it makes him feel young, sexy, and adventurous and reminds him of our best vacations to tropical paradises. The other Chrome colognes are about choosing one that meets the answers to the six questions you should ask yourself.
If you’re a mature man with refined habits, choose Chrome Extreme, but if you prefer a youthful and contemporary fragrance that whisks you off to an island, choose Chrome Aqua. Each Chrome cologne has incredible qualities, the worst being that most of them are EDTs and don’t last long.
Chrome Extreme is an EDP, and it will go for hours, but consider the answers you give before choosing it. I highly recommend any Chrome collection fragrance as an affordable, modern, and memorable cologne. Which one you choose is in your hands now.
To read more popular reviews: