The best elegant perfume trays look as beautiful on the vanity or dresser as the perfume bottles they display.
They’re often combinations of gleaming metal, rich wood, and/or a mirrored surface.
What makes a perfume tray the best?
Or elegant, for that matter?
How did I go about choosing the trays that made this list?
I looked for a few things:
- Indications that they were well-made, based on product description, existing reviews, or both
- Size (the best perfume tray for you may be smaller or larger than someone else, so there’s a range here)
- Materials used in the construction of the tray
- Any special features that make it stand out
The 12 Best Elegant Perfume Trays
Here are some of the best elegant perfume trays I found online. Since there are different styles and that’s more up to personal preference and needs than anything, they’re in no particular order.
Elegant Silver Mirror Tray
This silver mirror tray is understated in its elegance, which means it’ll be at home with any decor and any collection of perfume bottles. It’s quite large, so keep that in mind while you visualize where you want to put it.
- Versatile enough to serve other purposes in a pinch
- Simply elegant, which means it’ll fit in with any furniture and perfume collection
- Timeless style that could be at home in almost any decade, so not too modern, but also not too vintage-inspired
- On the more expensive end of the spectrum
- May be too large for some vanities and dressers at 10″ x 16″
Home Details Mirrored 2-Tier Vanity Tower
Here’s another perfume tray that takes the expected and gives it a twist. It’s an elegant way to display even more of your perfumes, beauty items, and other essentials.
- Holds more since there are two tiers
- Comes in satin gold, rose gold, and matte black (yet another way to deviate from the norm)
- Reviewers report solid quality and good weight, so it doesn’t feel cheap
- The “beauty” and “essentials” labels on the fronts of the tiers may take its elegance level down just a touch
- Though it has two tiers, this is one of the smaller options, at 10.25″ x 6.5″ x 6.7″
Zosenley Polyresin Ellipse Antique Decorative Mirror Tray
This Zosenley option may be the most classically elegant of them all. Its oval shape and ornate design make it look like a mirror from many decades ago. You may have the urge to display jeweled hair combs on it, alongside your perfumes.
- Stunningly beautiful
- Vintage vibe
- Good size (14.6″ x 9.8″ x 1.42″)
- May wobble a tiny bit
- Some reviewers are displeased with the quality, though it has a 4.5-star rating with over 1200 reviews
360 Degree Rotation Makeup Organizer
This is called a makeup organizer, but it’d be perfect if you only wanted to store your perfumes on it, too. Of course, you’d always be free to mix it up. My favorite part about this one is how it doesn’t take up that much more space than any of the other options on the list (16.5″ x 12.8″ x 12.75″), but it has a lot more space because there are three rotating trays with separate compartments, stacked on top of each other.
- Holds a lot of perfume, makeup, etc. without taking up too much room on the dresser or vanity
- Comes in gold, silver, or brass
- Separate compartments keep things, like fragrance samples and lipsticks, from rolling around and allow you to organize even more
- One of the most expensive on the list (but at least you’re getting a lot of extra space for the money
- May squeak a bit when you rotate the trays
- Some reviewers feel that it’s not worth the money, even though it’s very pretty
8 Oak Lane Bamboo Vanity Tray
The Bamboo vanity tray takes the classic combination of gold and a mirror and turns it into something elegant but more interesting to look at than your average perfume tray.
- More interesting to look at than your average gold-and-mirror perfume tray
- Large, at 15″ x 10″ x 2.75, which means it can hold several bottles and other items without looking too crowded
- 4.9 out of 5.0 rating at Wayfair
- On the more expensive side
- May be too big for some vanities
Bed, Bath and Beyond Elle Decor Mirrored Bottom Vanity Tray in Satin Gold
This vanity tray is similar to the one above, but it has a more modern look tied in with the classic gold and mirrored bottom. The gold finish is a little sleeker and it’s more streamlined.
- Modern style with a nod to the past, so it fits in almost anywhere
- The size (15.75″ x 6.5″ x 2.17″) allows it to fit well on a vanity, counter, or dresser
- Fingerprints might be a problem
- Almost-16″ may still be a bit too wide for some vanities
Elegant Designs Elipse Crystal and Chrome Mirrored Vanity Tray
If it’s the glamour that you love, this perfume tray is probably the one for you, especially if you tend to favor silver over gold.
- Definitely glamorous
- Nice change from the gold, mirrored options
- There are matching lamps and a vase, in case you want to go all out
- Smaller than the other options, so it may fit better on a vanity (10.5″ x 6.25″ x 2.5″)
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- More expensive than other options
- Not sold in stores
- Some will find it too small
Everly Quinn Alika Crushed Diamond Vanity Tray
If the one above wasn’t quite all-out glam enough for you, you’re going to fall in love with this Alika Crushed Diamond tray. It takes the traditional style of a mirrored bottom and turns it on its head with a mirrored frame surrounding crystals on the bottom.
- There is possibly no tray that is more glamorous than this one
- Takes the traditional and turns it into something new
- Good size for vanities and dressers (13.75″ x 13.75″ x 2″)
- Expensive, at around $150.00
- Won’t work with as wide of a variety of decors as other options
World Market Gold Mirrored Tabletop Tray
I love this World Market option because it’s such a classic style for an elegant perfume tray. There’s gold, there’s a mirror, and it has a vintage vibe to it. It makes me think of something my great-grandmother would’ve had in her home to display all the perfumes I dreamed of being able to wear when I grew up.
- Classic style
- At 15″ in diameter, it’s a little big, but if it’s for a dresser instead of a smaller vanity and you have a lot of perfume bottles to display, it’s perfect
- It may be too big for some surfaces
- Any mirrored surface will be prone to collecting fingerprints
Ophelia & Co. Zelda 2 Piece Vanity Tray Set
If you love the simple elegance of old-fashioned doilies, you’ll love this two-piece set in gray. These are different from your normal elegant perfume trays; there’s no gold, no mirrored surface. There are floral medallions and a distressed gray finish instead.
- Unusual compared to the traditional perfume trays, but still elegant
- Since it’s a two-piece set, you can use another one somewhere else in your bedroom or bathroom, or just take it out to the living room and use it to hold remotes, flowers, etc.
- Some reviewers weren’t impressed by the quality (the set still has a 4.4 rating)
Tatcha Obon Tray
Tatcha is a skin care company, but this Obon Tray is the perfect elegant perfume tray. It’s about the size of a piece of notebook paper and is covered in 22.5k gold leaf. It’s incredibly simple and perfect for any vanity or dresser, as long as your perfume collection isn’t too extensive.
- Smaller size may be perfect for your space in comparison to some of the larger ones on this list
- Sleek and simple, but elegant
- Gleaming 22.5k gold leaf works with a wide rage of decorating styles
- On the small side, so maybe not perfect for everyone
- Expensive, at around $80.00
West Elm Geo Lacquer Tray, Silver
If the gold was a little too bright and yellow for your space, this silver foil option from West Elm might be the best pick for you. It’s larger (one of the largest on the list at 14″ x 18″ x 2.2″), so keep that in mind while you’re deciding.
- Metallic silver finish (foil)
- This geometric shape looks more modern than some of the round, rectangular, and oval shapes.
- Very large, so it could be the centerpiece of a dresser and display a huge perfume collection (if you like to wear perfumes based on your mood, you probably need this one!)
- A little expensive, but not the most expensive on the list by a long shot, at around $45.00
- Understated style would work well against dark wood or a farmhouse decor (or anything in-between, really)
Perfume Storage Tips
Displaying your perfumes is great, but you want them to last, right? Keep them in a cool spot, out of the sunlight. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t store your perfume on your vanity, but maybe you should find a different spot for the tray if your vanity is in front of a window that gets afternoon sun.
Don’t store your perfumes in the bathroom. Temperature changes and humidity could ruin them. Keep the lids on them. If they come in beautiful boxes that you think are pretty enough to display, keeping your fragrances in them may extend their lives, so feel free to display your perfumes that way.
If you have a lot of sample vials, travel sizes, or purse sprays, you can put those in a smaller (also elegant!) box or lipstick holder and set that on your perfume tray. This will keep them from tipping over and rolling around all over the bottom of the bigger tray, cluttering things up.
What to Look for in Perfume Trays for Dressers
Decide which elegant aesthetic you’re going for. Do you like the glamorous trays with a vintage vibe that feature gold accents and a mirrored base? Something sleek and simple, but more modern?
What shape do you prefer–a rectangle, circle, or oval?
How many perfumes do you have and how many do you hope to have? You’ll want enough room to space the perfumes out so they’re all visible, not crammed together.
On the other hand, if you only want to have two perfumes at any one time, maybe you’ll want something smaller. Unless, of course, there are other things you want to store with the perfumes on the tray to make it especially beautiful (like hair clips, a brush, or makeup items, for example).
Question: Where can I find elegant perfume trays?
Answer: You can find elegant perfume trays in home decor stores, department stores, boutiques, and even big box stores. Check out Wayfair, Bed, Bath & Beyond, World Market, Hobby Lobby, Belk, West Elm, Amazon, Pottery Barn, and H&M, for starters. Don’t limit yourself to things specifically marked as perfume trays or you’ll miss out on all the trays designed to sit on top of tables, coffee tables, ottomans, etc. Some of these are small enough to work on a vanity or dresser and they might be just what you need.
Question: How do you organize and display your fragrance collection?
Answer: Give them space so each bottle can stand out and be admired for its own unique beauty. Taller bottles should be in the back, with shorter ones in the front. Keep your tray of perfumes away from heat, humidity, and direct sunlight so your fragrances will last longer.
Question: What can I use as a perfume tray?
Answer: If you don’t want to go with the elegant perfume tray designs here, you can get creative and use other things in a perfume tray’s place. Use a vintage mirror, a small serving tray, or even something you make yourself from inexpensive, pretty plates and a simple kitchen tray, as StoreeOfMyLife demonstrates on YouTube.
Conclusion: Finding the Most Elegant Perfume Tray for You
What’s your definition of elegance?
Is it gold and mirrors? Something more understated? Complete glam? What about a vintage-inspired look? What do your perfume bottles look like? Classic Chanels? Vibrantly colored and unusual?
Consider matching the vibe. If you have a mix of perfume bottles, maybe you could choose an understated elegance for your tray.
What’s your budget and how much space do you have on your vanity or dresser?
An elegant perfume tray gives your perfume bottles a place to shine their brightest. The perfect combination of a tray and gleaming bottles full of beautiful fragrances is the upgrade your vanity needs.
- If you have a large collection of perfumes, I recommend splurging on the 360 Degree Rotating Makeup Organizer.
- Just a few bottles to display? My pick is the first one on the list, the silver tray from Amazon.